Community Hall Rental Information
The Community Hall assembly area is approximately 1,200 square feet and can accommodate:
- 100 seats at tables
- 112 theatre type seats
- 72 conference type seats
- 150 people maximum - this would mean standing
Seating examples - table seating
| theatre seating
- The community hall is open until 12 midnight for all events - opening and closing of the hall is arranged through caretakers.
*Please contact the district office for additional information on rental fees.
To confirm or reserve the hall:
At that time of booking we will require the security deposit, payment for insurance and a post-dated cheque for the remainder dated for 30 days prior to the event. Once these are received the hall can then be reserved.
Policy is that cancellation may occur with 30 day notice. If proper notice is not received than security deposit is non-refundable.
Community Hall Equipment
The community hall has a warming kitchen (please ask staff for description of what this means) (commercial fridge, stove, dishwasher, microwave) and full dinnerware for up to 50 guests. It is also equipped with table and chairs to accommodate a maximum of 100 guests. The hall is air conditioned, has on-site parking and a beautifully acoustically designed stage.
Cleaning of Hall
Renters can arrange to have our caretakers clean the hall - this service may be arranged at time of rental. The fee for this service is $40 per hour.
To receive your full security deposit refund, the caretakers will inspect the facility after your event and check off that your group completed the following items. Cleaning supplies are located in the kitchen closet or in the janitors room. Failure to complete the tasks below may result in reduction of your security/ cleaning deposit refund.
The renter must:
- wipe down all kitchen surfaces
- all kitchen supplies used must be cleaned adequately and put away properly
- all dishes cleaned - using commercial dishwasher - and put away
- oven and range cleaned of any spillage
- sinks cleaned
- refrigerators wiped out of any spills
- all garbage and compost removed from building and placed in receptacles located outside
- all floors throughout building swept (assembly area, entrance area, washrooms and kitchen)
- tables taken down and stored under the stage and chairs stacked and placed in holders
- exterior checked for any garbage or refuse left on the grounds
Liquor License Requirements
Events with alcohol MUST HAVE a Special Occasions License - please visit the Provincial website
for all information pertaining to SOL. It is the duty of the user to determine the requirements of liquor licenses and to adhere to the conditions contained therein.
The community hall only provides a warming kitchen. Catering services are not included in the hall rental.
Decorations must be free standing
, ABSOLUTELY NO confetti, glitter, rice, tape, staples or tacks allowed on the walls or ceiling or floors.
No Smoking in the Community Hall
No Smoking in the Community Hall or on the Community Hall Land.
Before Leaving the Community Hall
The community hall caretakers will arrive on-site at 12 midnight to ensure proper closure and lock up of the hall. REMINDER TO ALL: The community hall closes at 12 midnight for all events.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station
An exciting feature at the community hall are two electric vehicle charging stations.