Home Owner Grant


B.C.'s Homeowner Grant Centralization

Effective 2021 all homeowner grant (HOG) applications must be submitted directly to the B.C. provincial government through a secure online application.  There will be no provisions for HOG's to be applied through Municipalities.

When can B.C. homeowners apply:

Although homeowners can apply for their current year or their retroactive homeowner grants online at gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant , we encourage home owners to apply for Retro home owner grants only and hold off applying for current year grants until property taxes go out at the end of May.

If the homeowner would prefer to apply over the phone, they can call the contact centre toll-free at 1-888-355-2700 to speak with an agent.  The contact centre will be taking applications.

Homeowners can subscribe to receive updates at https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/taxes/tax-changes/whats-new/property-taxes.